Nadolig Llawen: A Llandudno Museum Christmas Event 18th Dec 2021
Join Llandudno Museum and Gallery on December 18th at 6pm for a first-time public reading of author and Dylan Thomas enthusiast Aaron Farell’s story, “A Man’s Christmas In Wales: Portrait of the Artist as an Older Boy”. Composed for public reading in the same style as Dylan Thomas’ iconic piece “A Child’s Christmas in Wales”, Farrell takes us from Dylan Thomas’ Swansea in the 1920’s to his own Swansea in the 1990’s when Wet Wet Wet topped the music charts with “Love Is All Around” and the film Home Alone first debuted.
This is a family-friendly event.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 913 1478 6504
To listen to Dylan Thomas’s story before the event go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFSs2IdDmuU
Please make sure to log in at least 5 minutes before the event.
Instructions for logging into Zoom can be found here:
1. Open the Zoom app on your desktop by double-clicking on the blue link in the email or by copying and pasting the link from the email into your internet browser.
2. You might be prompted to download the Zoom software if you haven’t done so already. Follow the prompts for installation.
3. Click on Join to join the meeting.
4. Enter the Meeting ID and Password if requested (this has been included here.)
5. You can then choose whether to come into the meeting with your audio or video enabled or disabled. Please allow your computer to share your audio or you will not be able to hear/speak when you come into the room.
When in the room:
In the left corner, you will see a microphone and a video camera icon. These allow you to turn your camera and your microphone off and on. As a courtesy to the speaker, we recommend that you keep your microphone muted while someone is presenting information.
In the center of your screen, you will see a chat button. You can post questions, links, or suggestions in the chat if you don’t want to interrupt the meeting.
If you are having sound problems, please be aware that these will be coming from your interface rather than from the software itself. Check that your microphone in the Zoom Room is not muted, that your computer speaker is not on mute, that your computer speaker volume is turned up sufficiently, and that you have selected to share your audio when joining the room.
If you have poor connectivity turn your video camera off and keep your audio on. Your video takes up quite a bit of bandwidth so if you are in an area that has poor internet, turning your video off will help your computer keep up.